Free* Basic Amortization Schedule
This page describes one of our three Windows amortization schedules. We also have an online amortization schedule that you might want to try.
Though we call it a "Basic Amortization Schedule" it still has a lot of features, particularly when compared with the amortization schedules offered by other programs. For example, this free amortization schedule supports loans with points and irregular length first periods. Here is a list of the popular features this calculator supports:
- Supports irregular length first periods: Allows for the very common occurance of the first payment due date not being exactly one period after the money was borrowed. Money can be borrowed on say the 15th of July and the first payment can be due on the 1st of September.
- 11 payment frequencies: Daily, Weekly, Biweekly, Twice Monthly, Every 4 Weeks, Monthly, Bimonthly, Quarterly, Every 4 Months, Semiannually & Annually
- 13 Compounding Frequencies: In addition to the 11 payment frequencies, this amortization schedule also supports daily compounding and simple/exact day interest.
- 6 different loan types: Normal, Canadian, Fixed Principal, Rule-of-78s, Interest Only & No Interest
- Interest calculation methods: 360 day, 364 day and 365 days in year as well as periodic interest
- Very extensive on line help with many example loans included
- Save all loan data to industry standard XML files.
- Full support for copy & pasteing all loan details. Paste amortization schedules into a word processor, spreadsheet or email message
- Single click on any year tab to display the schedule for that year
- Schedule displays annual and running totals.
- Points paid on origination date, with first payment or amortized
- And as always, simple, fast and easy-to-use.
This calculator makes it easy to check what a lender charges. You can also easily do financial planning and what-if calculations.
* Free for personal, noncommercial use.
NOTE: While many individuals will find that our free amortization schedule will give them all the features that they need, we do publish a much more flexible amortization schedule. Our flexible amortization schedule will allow you to make extra payments, adjust payment amounts, rates and dates. You can create an APR disclosure statement and do a lot more.